WP2PR Canada Business Visas
The Work Permit to Permanent Residence (WP2PR) pathway is an innovative, multi-step process that helps investors / entrepreneurs come to Canada and qualify for permanent residence quickly. Developed by Rosenblatt Immigration Law, it is an exceptional Canadian work visa and permanent residence option for individuals who want to start or operate a Canadian business. Although WP2PR is not an official federal or provincial immigration program that you will find on a government website, it is a great pathway based on the current Canadian immigration rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Rosenblatt Immigration Law will assess your eligibility, make recommendations on your best options, develop a personalized strategic action plan, and explain how the firm can represent you throughout the entire process.
Your future is our business, contact us today.
Rosenblatt’s innovative WP2PR program is truly ingenious. I was able to buy a business, obtain a work permit and get Canadian immigration status.
– Akin Asalu
Work Permit to Permanent Residence (WP2PR)
One of the best Canadian immigration options for eligible investors/entrepreneurs is Rosenblatt Immigration Law’s innovative WP2PR pathway. WP2PR is more flexible than the federal Start-up Visa program and the provincial nominee programs for business owners. It is also one of the fastest ways to get PR.
Our WP2PR Canadian Business Visa Advantages:
- Get a work permit quickly
Initial work permit processing is often around a month.
- Quickly get your Canadian business running
We help guide you in identifying, starting or investing in a suitable business.
- Fast permanent residency
Eligible investors may be able to apply for PR in as little as six months after starting a business.
- Spouses can work in Canada
Spouses may receive open work permits as accompanying dependents.
- Children can attend Canadian schools
Children may get student visas as accompanying dependents.
- Access Canada’s excellent healthcare system
Your family becomes eligible for provincial healthcare coverage.
WP2PR can be one of the best immigration options for many investors/entrepreneurs and their families. Under the WP2PR pathway, there are no complicated performance agreements with the government. There are also no minimum net worth requirements, but you should have the financial ability to start and operate a business and settle in Canada. You should also be able to speak functional English or French.
Contact us today to find out how WP2PR may be your fastest way to Canada.
Our team can help you identify, start or invest in a Canadian business
In addition to helping you make the immigration applications under the WP2PR Canada business visa pathway, we can assist you with:
- Identifying suitable business opportunities
- Establishing corporate structures
- Arranging for assistance with corporate due diligence
- Corporate legal administration
- Acquiring financial services and advice
- Referrals to experts to help with business negotiations, acquisitions and purchases
Other Canadian Business Visa Programs
Canada is a safe, stable and growing country. It is also rated one of the best places to conduct business. Below is a brief summary of the Canadian immigration programs for entrepreneurs, investors, and self-employed people. Please contact us for expert advice and recommendations in selecting the right program for you.
Start-Up Visa Program
The Start-Up Visa program is designed to attract world-class, innovative entrepreneurs. Eligible applicants may apply for work permits to come to Canada and start up their business before applying for PR or while the PR application is in process.
To qualify under this program, entrepreneurs must meet the language requirements, have sufficient settlement funds, have a qualifying business, and obtain a letter of support from a designated organization.
- Up to five applicants can apply as co-owners of the same business
- No formal education requirement
- CLB 5 English or French language requirement
Self-Employed Immigration Program
Self-Employed applicants must have at least 2 years (out of the last 5) of relevant experience plus have the intention and ability to become self-employed in Canada. In addition, applicants must meet the programs selection criteria, which considers factors such as experience, education, age, language ability, and adaptability.
No Minimum Financial Requirements
Although there are no minimum financial requirements, an applicant’s financial assets are important to show intent and ability to establish economically in Canada. Applicants must have sufficient funds to create an employment opportunity for themselves and maintain themselves and their family members. They must prove they have been able to support themselves and their family through their talents and would be likely to continue to do so in Canada. This includes the ability to be self-supporting until the self-employment has been created.
Experience (and intended occupation) must be in one of the following areas:
- Self-employed in cultural activities or athletics
- Participation at a “world-class level” in cultural activities or athletics
International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of full-time Alberta education.
- Must have 6 months of experience at an eligible place of employment.
- Must have a CLB level 7 for English or French.
- Must establish or buy an eligible business with a minimum 33% owership.
- Evaluated on a points-based system.
Self Employed Farmer Stream
Net worth: $500,000 | Minimum investment: $500,000
- Requires purchasing or establishing a farm in Alberta and proving prior farm management skills.
Foreign Graduate Start-Up Visa
Minimum Investment: $50,000 ($100,000 for businesses in urban centres)
- Requires a letter of recommendation from an approved designated agency, and a minimum of 6 months full-time work experience managing or owning the business.
- Must have completed a degree outside of Canada within the last 2 years.
- Minimum CLB level 7 for French or English.
- Requires a minimum 34% ownership if the business is in an urban centre, and 51% ownership if the business is located within a regional area.
Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot
Applications have been temporarily paused for this stream since July 19, 2021.
Net worth: $600,000 | Minimum investment: $200,000
- Nominees must actively manage a BC business.
- Post-secondary credential requirement waived for business owner-managers with 100% ownership of business for last 3 of 5 years.
- Must have 3 years of experience as a business owner or 4 years in business management.
- Must reside within 100 km of business and spend 75% of time in BC.
- Must have a CLB level 4 or higher in English or French.
- Entrepreneurs selected by BC must first sign a business performance agreement and then obtain a work permit so they can start a business before being nominated for permanent residence.
Manitoba Business Program
Net worth: $500,000 | Investment: $150,000 ($250,000 in Winnipeg area)
- Must sign performance agreement.
- Must have 3 years of experience out of the last five years running or owning (more than 33.3%) a business.
- Must have a CLB level 5.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Must create or maintain one job for a Canadian.
- Applications assessed on a points-based grid.
There are three Education Streams in Manitoba. They are the Career Employment Pathway, the Graduate Internship Pathway, and the International Student Entrepreneur Pilot. Each program shares these basic requirement.
- Must have a CLB level 7.
- Must have completed a full-time post-secondary program in Manitoba that is at least two years in length within the last 3 years.
Farm Investor Pathway
Net worth: $500,000 | Minimum investment: $300,000
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of farm ownership and operation experience.
- Must have a business plan.
- Must complete a research visit to Manitoba.
- Must be able to hold a conversation in English or French.
New Brunswick Entrepreneurial Stream
Net Worth: $600,000 | Investment: $250,000 | Deposit: $100,000
- Must be between ages 22-55.
- Must have a CLB level 5.
- Must have a post-secondary diploma that required at least three years of full-time study, or a diploma in a specific trade that required at least two years of full-time study.
- Must have visited New Brunswick for at least five days within the last 24 months,or have participated in an Entrepreneurial Stream Information session within the last 24 months.
Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
- Must have a CLB level 7.
- Must be between 22 and 40 years old.
- Must have owned and operated a business in New Brunswick for a minimum of one year.
- Must have studied in New Brunswick for 2 years in a post-secondary capacity in New Brunswick.
Northwest Territories (NWT) Business Immigration Program
Net worth: $250,000 ($500,000 if investing in Yellowknife) | Minimum Investment: $300,000 if starting a business, $150,000 if buying a business
- Entrepreneurs selected by NWT must first sign a business performance agreement and then obtain a work permit so they can start a business before being nominated for permanent residence.
- Must own at least 33.3% of the business.
- Minimum CLB Level 4.
- Must demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the Northwest Territories.
Nova Scotia Entrepreneur Stream
Net worth: $600,000 | Minimum Investment: $150,000
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience actively managing and owning a business or more than 5 yeasr of experience in a senior business management role.
- Must have a CLB level 5 in French or English.
Nova Scotia International Graduate Entrepreneur
- Must have completed a full-time diploma or degree of at least two years in Nova Scotia.
- Must own (at least 33% ownership) and manage their business in Nova Scotia for at least one year prior to applying under this program.
- Must have managed their business for at least one year prior to applying.
- Must have a CLB level 7 in French or English.
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program: Entrepreneur
Net worth: $400,000 ($800,000 if proposing a business in the Greater Toronto Area)
- Entrepreneurs selected by Ontario first sign a business performance agreement and then obtain a work permit so they can start a business before being nominated for permanent residence.
- Must have 24 months of full-time business experience as a business owner or senior manager with at least 33.3% ownership of the business in the last 60 months.
- Must create at least two permanent full-time jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Prince Edward Island (PEI) Work Permit Stream
The PEI Government closed the Provincial Nominee Program entrepreneur stream as of September 20, 2018.
Eligibility requirements for nomination through the Work Permit stream:
Net worth: $600,000
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Must be between age 21-59.
- Must have a CLB level 4.
- Must have transferable management skills and past employment or business ownership experience.
- Must have intention to live and work in PEI while providing day-to-day active and ongoing management of your PEI-based company.
Quebec Entrepreneur Program
- Applicants must settle in Quebec and operate a business that has received a servie offer from a business accelerator, incubator, or a univeristy entrepreneurship center.
- Requires presenting a business plan.
- Requires an attestation of learning about Quebec democratic values for you and your spouse and dependents.
Net worth: $900,000 | Minimum investment: $300,000 if located in the Montreal area ($200,000 if outside the Montreal area)
- Must provide a business plan.
- If creating a business, the applicant must own and control at least 25% of equity capital.
- If purchasing/acquiring a business, the applicant must own and control at least 51% of its equity capital.
- Applications are assessed based on age, education, training, language skills, visits to Quebec, family in Quebec and other factors.
Quebec Investor Program
Canada’s only passive investment program, is presently closed.
- Required Net Worth: $2,000,000
- Required Investment: $1,200,000 refundable after 5 years
- Requires 2 out of the last 5 years of management experience
- No language requirements
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program – Entrepreneur Program
Net Worth: $500,000 | Investment: $200,000 ($300,000 if in Regina or Saskatoon)
- Must submit a business establishment plan.
- Need 3 years of experience owning or managing a business in the last 10 years.
- Can apply with a co-applicants
- Must demonstrate at least 33% of business equity, unless total investment is $1,000,000 CDN.
- Business must create two employment opportunities in Saskatchewan for Canadians or permanent residents who are not related to you.
Saskatchewan International Graduate Entrepreneur Program
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have completed a full-time post-secondary degree/diploma of at least 2 years from an eligible Saskatchewan institution.
- Must have a valid Post-Graduate Work Permit, with at least 24 months remaining.
- Must own at least 33% of the business equity.
- Business must generate the minimum required revenue amount after one year of operation.
- Requires proof of CLB 7 in English or French.
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program – Farm Owner/Operator
Net Worth: $500,000 | Refundable deposit: $75,000
- Required to submit documentation proving farm operation experience and training.
- Required to submit proposal.
- Must visit Saskatchewan for at least 10 working days and provide documentation demonstrating farm operator experience.
Yukon Business Nominee Program
Investment: $300,000 | Net Worth: $500,000
- Business must be in the Strategic Sector List.
- Assesses eligibility on points grid.
- Need 3 years of business ownership or management experience and a total of five years of relevant experience.
- Must hold an NOC 0 or A position.